Paul W. Simrell, M. Div.
Our pastor, Reverend Paul W. Simrell, has served for over thirty years in a variety of congregational and institutional settings. Ordained in 1982, he has served congregations in Kentucky, Texas, Florida, and Virginia. He is a graduate of the University of Florida and Lexington Theological Seminary and has done advanced clinical training in chaplaincy and pastoral counseling at the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, Kentucky, the Children's Medical Center and Parkland Hospital in Dallas, Texas, and the Virginia Institute of Pastoral Care in Richmond, Virginia.
Pastor Paul is uniquely qualified to help others utilize spiritual resources to face life's challenges, grow as individuals, and assist couples and families in their lives together.
• a Certified Pastoral Counselor of the American Association of Pastoral Counselors
• a Certified Facilitator for the PREPARE-ENRICH marriage enrichment program
• endorsed for institutional chaplaincy and pastoral counseling by the Disciples Chaplains Association of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
and is an active member of:
• the American Association of Christian Counselors, and
• Spiritual Directors International